POETRY IS FUN

You have all the words you need.

Mary had a little lamb

its fleece was white as snow

and everywhere that Mary went

the lamb was sure to go!

You all know lots of nursery rhymes off by heart.  These are simple poems.  Over the next couple of weeks we will be reading lots of different kinds of poems and finding out which poems each of us enjoy most.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

• READ POEMS: You will need to read at least 5 different poems and choose 3 verses that you really like.  You might like the way the words roll off your tongue when you read them dramatically (like a famous actor/actress); you might like the pictures that the words paint in your head; or the poem might make you feel something when you read it (either sad, thoughtful or happy.)  It might make you laugh out loud if it’s a silly poem or just plain ridiculous.

• WRITE DOWN YOUR FAVOURITE PARTS: Write down at least 3 different verses (from 3 different poems) in your My Favourite Poems Book

• DRAW THE POETRY PICTURE: Draw what you think that verse would look like if you were the illustrator

BLOG COMMENTS:

1. Click on Comments and read what your classmates have said

2. Make your comment. 

3. You must start your comment by acknowledging at least one of your peer’s choice of poem and you must be positive. (for example: I like John’s poem because it is about a surfer and that is my favourite sport OR  I like Jane’s poem about the pig.  It really made me laugh when it spoke like a person.)

4. Then type up your favourite part of a poem

5. Tell us who wrote it and what it is called

6. Click on add comment

7. Have fun with poetry!

3 thoughts on “POETRY IS FUN

1. mason says:

WOW!Mrs Veary is the best teacher in the world. She does the best work. We have the most fun in her class.

2. Harry says:

Very good work everybody. I found the poems you guys were talking about and they were very good.

from,

Harry