WELCOME TO ROOM 6!!

This is your very own classroom website.  I hope you and your parents will visit often to see what we have been doing in class and what we are up to in our inquiry. 

You need to type the URL (https://dolphinkids.edublogs.org) into the address bar at the top of your web browser eg. Internet Explorer.  Then put it into Favourites to make it easier to find next time.

If you wish to make a comment (and Mrs Veary and students really love to see these), click on comments at the bottom of the post and then follow the prompts, type in your comment and click submit comment.  It will then come to Mrs. Veary’s e-mail for approval before it appears on the internet. (You only need to fill in “Name” and type out the spamword you see to show that you are human and not a computer).

Parents please use your child’s name + dad or mum as your name, so we know who has commented eg. Phoebemum or Brodiedad.

Please visit regularly and enjoy the extended boundaries of our classroom, coming right into your home. 

PS: In this way grandparents and family who don’t live in Margaret River can share your child’s progress and learning experience.

Please feel free to ask me for help and offer any suggestions for things you would like to see included in our blog.

Mrs. Veary 🙂

You can contact Mrs. Veary by e-mail by clicking on the Use this form to contact me link on the bottom right-hand sidebar.   

9 thoughts on “WELCOME TO ROOM 6!!

1. Room 6 says:

This class rocks!
    You should be in here because we get to play games on the Smartboard. We also get to go on Dolphinkids. We’re going to work hard this year. You will love our fitness.

2. SamuelGlynn'sDad says:

Wow, havng your own website that allows mums and dads and anyone to make comments and keep up-to-date with what the class room is doing is fantastic.

It makes feel old aswell as I did not even use a computer until I was 16 years old in high school.

I am sitting in my office at work on a mine 120km north on Newman… basically nearly in the middle of nowhere. I am looking out my window at some VERY big trucks. So having this site is great for me to feel closer to home.

Have a great day. I get home tonight and can’t wait.

Maurice Glynn

3. Samuel and all his friends says:

Lovely to hear from you from so far away. That was such a great comment. We hope you have a safe drive home. Are the trucks like monster trucks? What’s Newman like? What do you mine? Some of us thought it might be gold? or is it another metal? What is the temperature in Newman?
    🙂 😎

4. Lili says:

C,mon look at dolphin kids
    and play maths games.
    Look at what your kids are
    doing in class.
    So c,mon in and see what
    you can do.
    😎

5. phoebemum says:

hello everyone 🙂
    Just downloaded the spelling website. What a fantastic idea. Phoebe is already learning her new list while having fun doing it.
    Thank you, what a great teacher we have to give us these websites.

6. Hi Room 6… I’m back on the mine, its the weekend and I thought I had better reply to your post now Mrs. Veary showed me how to do it.

The trucks are even bigger than monster trucks.. its hard to describe but if you put another classroom ontop of your classroom – they would be about as big as that.

Newman is quite an old mining town up this way. It started as a mining camp but now is a town. The Mine at Newman used to be a big hill but now it is an even bigger hole in the ground. Neman is small, it has one coles and two pubs and lots of red dirt.

The mine I am on is called “Area C” and here we mine Iron Ore which gets sent to Japan, China and Korea and turned into steel.

It is only about 40 degrees here today, pretty cool really. It can get up to 46 or 47 and that is in the shade… in the mine in the sun it can get well over 50 degrees… really hot. When you stand on the ground in the sun you can feel your feet start to heat up in your boots.

I have hidden some pictures for you on our website…

http://www.expressions.com.au/hidden-2.html

I hope you like them. You can see the big white 4WD next to a dozer and truck shich shows you how big things are.

I look forward to doing reading duty and seeing you again soon.

MG